, set forth the terms and conditions (“Terms”) that apply to your access and use of the Lee Equity website, located at www.leeequity.com
(the “Site”). “Lee Equity” includes Lee Equity and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents. By using or accessing the Site you agree to these Terms, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 8 below.
1. Account Security. To use the Site you must (i) be at least eighteen (18) years of age; (ii) have not previously been suspended or removed from the Site; and (iii) use the Site in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
2. Prohibited Conduct. You agree not to:
A. Use the Site for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law;
B. Violate or encourage others to violate the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights;
C. Post, upload, or distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate;
D. Interfere in any way with security-related features of the Site;
E. Interfere with the operation or any user’s enjoyment of the Site, including by uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code, making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other users, or attempting to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
F. Access, monitor or copy any content or information of the Site using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without Lee Equity’s express written permission;
G. Perform any fraudulent activity, including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations or falsifying your identity or any information about you, including age or date of birth; or
H. Sell or otherwise transfer the access granted herein.
3. No Offer or Advice; Forward-Looking Statements; Historical Information.
A. The information and services provided on this Site are for your informational purposes only. Nothing contained herein constitutes (i) an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any interest in any investment vehicle managed by Lee Equity or any company in which Lee Equity or its affiliates have invested or (ii) professional, tax or financial advice. Lee Equity is not utilizing the Site to provide investment or other advice and nothing contained herein constitutes a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. Any decision to invest or take any other action may involve risks not discussed herein and no such decisions should be made based on the information contained herein. It should not be assumed that any securities or investments discussed on this Site have been or will be profitable, or that they will increase in value. While Lee Equity uses reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources believed to be reliable, Lee Equity does not independently verify the accuracy of such information and makes no representation that the information or opinions contained in the Site are accurate, reliable or complete. You are solely responsible for evaluating the risks and merits regarding use of the Site and should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
B. Certain information on this Site may contain forward-looking statements, which are subject to risks and uncertainties and speak only as of the date on which they are made. The words “believe”, “expect”, “anticipate”, “optimistic”, “intend”, “aim”, “will” or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Lee Equity undertakes no obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
C. Any transactions described on the Site as having been engaged in by Lee Equity are included as representative transactions and are not necessarily reflective of overall results of any of Lee Equity’s businesses. Past performance is not indicative of future results; no representation is being made that any investment or transaction will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those achieved in the past, or that significant losses will be avoided. No representation is being made as to the suitability of any investment or strategy. Not all Lee Equity portfolio investments had the characteristics, prospects, or projected successes highlighted.
4. Third Party Content. The Site may contain links to third party websites and services. Lee Equity provides such links as a convenience, and does not control or endorse these websites and services. You acknowledge and agree that Lee Equity has not reviewed the content, advertising, products, services, or other materials that appear on such third party websites or services, and is not responsible for the legality, accuracy, or appropriateness of any such content, and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of any such third party websites or services.
5. Intellectual Property. You acknowledge and agree that you relinquish all ownership rights in any ideas or suggestions that you submit to Lee Equity through this Site. This Site is protected by applicable copyright and other intellectual property laws, and no materials from the Site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way without our express permission. All trademarks and service marks on the Site belong to Lee Equity, except third-party trademarks or service marks, which are the property of their respective owners.
6. Indemnification. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of the Site, and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Lee Equity from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses (including attorneys’ and accounting fees and costs), arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Site; (ii) your violation of the Terms or any applicable law or regulation; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any disputes or issues between you and any third party. Lee Equity reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
7. Termination. If you violate these Terms, your permission to use the Site will automatically terminate.
8. Modification of the Terms. Lee Equity reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms and to impose new or additional terms or conditions on your use of the Site. Such modifications and additional terms and conditions will be effective immediately upon notice and incorporated into these Terms. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any material changes to the Terms, including, but not limited to, by posting a notice to our website. Your continued use of the Site following notice will be deemed acceptance of any modifications to the Terms.
9. Disclaimers of Warranties. The Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. Although Lee Equity seeks to maintain safe, secure, accurate, and well-functioning services, we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Site, and there may at times be inadvertent technical or factual errors or inaccuracies. Lee Equity specifically (but without limitation) disclaims (i) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, quiet enjoyment, or non-infringement; and (ii) any warranties arising out of course-of-dealing, usage, or trade. You assume all risk for any/all damages that may result from your use of or access to the Site. Lee Equity does not guarantee the accuracy of, and disclaims all liability for, any errors or other inaccuracies in the information, content, recommendations, and materials made available through the Site.
10. Limitation of Liability. In no event will Lee Equity be liable to you for any incidental, special, consequential, direct, indirect, or punitive damages, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), statute, or any other legal theory, whether or not Lee Equity has been informed of the possibility of such damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or limitation of liability in certain circumstances. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
11. Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, without regard to conflict of law principles. You and Lee Equity agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within New York, New York, for the purpose of litigating any such disputes.
12. Modification of the Site. Lee Equity reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, some or all of the Site at any time without any notice or further obligation to you. You agree that Lee Equity will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of any of the Site.
A. Entire Agreement
, constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and Lee Equity regarding your use of and access to the Site, and except as expressly permitted above may only be amended by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties.
B. No Waiver. The failure to require performance of any provision shall not affect our right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of the Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself.
C. Paragraph Headers. Use of paragraph headers in the Terms is for convenience only and shall not have any impact on the interpretation of particular provisions.
D. Severability. In the event that any part of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect.
Last updated: 01 December 2020